[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Question regarding Director script
- Subject: Question regarding Director script
- From: "Edward Spodick, HKUST Library, 2358-6743" <lbspodic@UST.HK>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:02:16 +0800
- In-reply-to: <20011009131101.A20597@osiris.cheetahmail.com>
- Reply-to: PERL4LIB -- Perl For Libraries <PERL4LIB@LISTSERV.RICE.EDU>
- Sender: PERL4LIB -- Perl For Libraries <PERL4LIB@LISTSERV.RICE.EDU>
I have a question for those using Steve Thomas' "Director" script for handling resource access redirection. I am very interested in it, but there is a capability we use which I am not sure is incorporated in it. I have written several access scripts here which allow the Catalogers to create records for all the items from a publisher's site to which we subscribe, without me having to enter each one manually into the script. Is there a way to do this in director, or does each and every item need to be manually added to the director table?
For example, I created 1 Proquest Direct script, which is used for several hundred titles - and while I would love to consolidate to the otherwise feature-rich Director program, I do not want to have to tell the Catalogers to both handle creating the 856 link and add an entry to the Director table.
Hoping I simply don't understand something in the way the program works, I remain
Edward Spodick, Systems Librarian
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
p.s. - The Director script is located at