The library h1>
For comments and/or contributions, please send E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A collection of more or (much) less informative articles and
tidbits relating to rowing. Most of the stuff have been downloaded over time from rec.sport.rowing3>
Disclaimer: The information found in these articles is given with
absolutely no guarantee. The opinions stated herein do not neccesarily reflect the opinions of Rice University, Rice Rowing Club, its officers, or the administrator of this service.5>
- Rowing Bibliography : A list of
books about rowing. Additions are welcome. E-mail to address below.
- Rowing Terminology: : Mostly for
newcomers to the sport.
- Making Weight : A word of
caution for lightweights starving themselves to make weight.
- What Is Carbo Loading?: Does it help
- Racing Starts: A collection of
opionions of which is the fastest way to start a race.
- How an erg works:'Ever wonder about those numbers
- The origin of the word "Coxwain"
- Erg EquivalenciesComparable settings for the Model B and C Concept II ergs.
- Significance of weight: How does the weight of rowers, equipment, and coxwains affect performance and boat speed?
- Current and water depth: How does current velocity and depth of water affect boat speed?
The lighter side
- And God Created...: Why things
- Personality Traits In An Eight:
Have you ever wondered why Coach put you there?
- You know you are in trouble when...:
Things a coxswain should never say.