CHICKEN FLAVORED ENCHILADAS
by CARYN HONIG RD LD
Who says Mexican food has to be loaded with fat and cholesterol? It doesn't! This tasty recipe uses margarine, fat free cheese and fat free sour cream instead of butter, regular cheese and regular sour cream. The fat is minimized but the taste is not. Try adding baked chicken to increase the protein. Or experiment with adding vegetables such as fresh spinach to increase the vitamins, minerals and fiber. OLE!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a saucepan, melt the margarine and flour.
3. Add chicken broth. Cook until it thickens and bubbles. Stir continuously.
4. Stir in the sour cream and peppers. Cook until heated, but do not boil.
5. Pour 1/2 cup of mixture into casserole pan.
6. Take 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 teaspoon cilantro and put into one tortilla.
7. Roll tortilla up and place tortilla in casserole pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
8. Pour remainder of sauce over tortillas. Place tomato slices on top of enchiladas.
9. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
10. Sprinkle cheese on top on top of casserole.
11. Bake for 5 more minutes.
12. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Makes 12 tortillas
Nutrient Analysis Per Serving:
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Fat: 5 grams
31% calories from fat