GRANDMA PYPER'S BAKED CHICKEN
After my husband and I ran the Houston Marathon on January 18, 1998, we were too tired to make dinner. Much to our surprise and delight, our wonderful neighbor, Julie (who also happens to be my early morning running partner) brought over a chicken dish for us to enjoy.
It was delicious! I think after running 26.2 miles, anything tastes delicious...but we've made this recipe a few times since then and it is delicious each time. I hope you like it.
Caryn Honig RD LD
4 chicken breasts, (boneless, skinless, halves)
4 slices of low fat Swiss Cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup (low fat or fat free)
1 can of mushroom pieces, drained
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
2 cups Peppridge Farm stuffing mix
1/3 cup melted margarine
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray baking pan with Pam Spray.
3. Put chicken in pan. Place 1slice of Swiss Cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
4. Mix in medium size bowl: soup, mushrooms, wine and mayonnaise.
5. Pour mix on top of cheese.
6. Mix in medium size bowl: stuffing mix and margarine.
7. Pour over chicken.
8. Bake covered for 1 1/2 hours.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrient Analysis Per Serving:
32% calories from fat (you can make this lower fat by using fat free mayonnaise, fat free margarine, fat free cheese)