PEAS AND MUSHROOM PASTA
BY CARYN HONIG RD LD
This is a terrific pasta recipe. It's creamy without being fatty. You can add chicken if you want to increase the protein.
1. Prepare linguine according to package. If you start the rest of the recipe while the water is boiling, the timing should be about right.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often. When the mushrooms are cooked through, remove and place on paper towels to absorb extra oil.
3. Cook garlic in skillet. Add soup and peas. Put heat on low-medium and heat thoroughly.
4. Add bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
5. Add cooked mushrooms and lemon juice.
6. Stir until all is well blended and heated through.
7. When the linguine is done, drain and put in large pasta bowl. Pour sauce over hot pasta and mix well. Sprinkle fresh pepper and Parmesan cheese on top.
8. Serve and enjoy.
Carbohydrate: 45.32 grams (57%)
Protein: 14.69 grams (19%)
Fat: 8.5 grams (24%)