In this section you can find links to some of the
work I am, or have been, involved with on the World Wide Web.
- The web pages for Hogg Middle School, a
Houston inner city school that has deployed a 550 worksation network and
is attempting to develop full inetgration of technology and curriculum.
- Building a Web
a support web site for the integration of k-12 education and
Constellation, a training program for the incorporation of technology
into curriculum designed for The Rice School/La Escuela Rice.
Galileo's Web, a
project developed in partnership between Rice University's CTTL and the Rice
School/La Escuela Rice in which technology was infused into thematic instruction.
oject Star, an NSF funded project to train mathematics and Science teachers in the creation
and usage of technology, particularly Internet based resources.
- Book Reviews for Kids by Kids, a web based book review system used by the kindergarten
through 8th grade kids of the
Rice School/La Es
to share their views on books.
- The Virtual
Museum of the Rice School/La Escuela Rice. Walk through this VRML
museum created to display the works of students.
- Art Impressions, a web based center for art appreciation and review by the children of the Rice School/La Escuela Rice.
- hOT LINKs, a collection of pointers to Web Sites of educational
- The BioEsfera Project, a project that took twelve teachers of the Rice School/La Escuela Rice,
to San Andrés, Pet&eacut
e;n, in Guatemala, to learn Spanish, Tropical
Forest conservation and to inmerse them in an environment that facilitated
cultural exchange with local families.
- Galveston Bay On Line,
an excellent resource on the ecology and history of Galveston Bay.
- The Home Pages of The Rice School/La Escuela Rice, a kindergarten through 8th grade school in
Houston, Texas, which creates a technology rich environment for learning
thanks to the generous donation of 1,100 computer stations by Compaq Computer Corp. These pages have
English and Spanish versions.
The second edition of
Behavioral Ecology of Paper Wasps pages of the
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary
Biology at Rice University.
These pages created and maintained by
Carlos R. Solís, Ph.D.
Center for Technology in Teac
hing and Learning
Last updated on December 21, 1995